September 17, 2007

3 minute update


Emily, Maddie, Daniel and Ryan went back home last Saturday. The plan was that they would come back for October conference but they are coming back next week. Jorge Luis is going to Utah for a mission reunion, so he'll bring his family down here on the 23rd. He is actually going to stay here for a couple of days! Em and kiddles will stay for a couple of weeks. Fun times ahead!
The Loudoun Symphony season starts this week. I have been working for days to get venues for all of our concerts. Because there is no performing arts center here in Loudoun County, we are reliant upon performing in high schools. Of course, their departments get first crack at the dates. We are left with the leftovers. So far, I have managed to get dates for our October and December concerts, but March and May concerts are without venues, and I'm running out of high schools to call.
Marie and I are playing in the newly-founded Mormon Orchestra of Washington DC. Our first concert is this Saturday.
http://www.lds.org/placestovisit/location/events/0,11506,1836-1-1-3,00.html
Wanna come?
Laura is fully immersed in high school. She spent last Saturday with the other students from the music program soliciting donations for their trips. Her choir is going to Disneyworld in November and the band is going to AUSTRALIA! Hmm... when I was in high school, the big trip was to Ephraim, Utah. Anyone know where that is? Didn't think so.

No comments: