
So....let's see... February was originally the month of Spencer, but since I spent two weeks of that month with the amazing Sadie Beth, February became the month of Sadie. Those two weeks were just a bit magical. Holding that precious baby in my arms, and watching Kate transform into a nurturing, adoring mother were gifts that I will never forget. Sadie has her daddy's heart all wrapped up as well, and there is a sweet spirit in their little cottage.
Sadie is tiny, dark-haired, dark-eyed, loves to be swaddled and snuggled, loves to sleep. Sometimes in the very early mornings (like 4 AM) she would be wakeful, so after Kate fed her, I would take her out into the living room and recline on the couch with her on my chest. When she finally fell asleep, I would wedge her between the back of the couch and my legs, and we would both sleep very peacefully until she got ready for her next meal! Grandchild #9, we love you!!!
1 comment:
aw thanks mom! She is a sweetie. Luckily her morning wake time is a little later these days :)
Post a Comment